Kitkatscanread

Kitkats Can Read

I love books. Books are my boyfriends. Rawr.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Stephen Fry, J.K. Rowling
Shade
Jeri Smith-Ready
The Darkest Minds
Alexandra Bracken
Unraveling
Elizabeth Norris, Katie Schorr
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) - Ransom Riggs This book was actually really good. I had my doubts, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

The story is about a teenager called Jacob, and it's written from his perspective. As a young child, his grandfather tells him the stories about the peculiar children, and Jacob ends up not believing him. However, a fatal incident leaves Jacob wondering what happened to his grandfather, and what he saw that day. Jacob then is curious and visits the very place his grandfather used to go to with the old house and the peculiar children. Of course, Jacob has no choice but to believe the stories, for they are real. However they are hidden away and must not be found, or they will be gone forever.

This story is beautifully written and described well. I want to go to see the peculiar children and meet them. They seem so cool!

The pictures throughout the story come in so handy, although a lot of them are creepy-looking, but they are all so unique in every way. I was fascinated with the pictures.

There are various mysteries throughout the book that you are discovering for yourself, along with Jacob.

Full review: http://kitkat1242.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/review-miss-peregrines-home-for.html

Video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X28OMcWiOeI